What is personal data?
According the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In order to provide you with our services, such as preliminary information and consultations regarding properties in Bulgaria, mediation in the course of purchase, sale or rent of a real estate property, assistance with the preparation of the required documents and notarization of the deal, as well as after-sale services, we need to collect your personal data.
The personal data we collect will be used for one or more of the following purposes:
• In order to provide information you required;
• Preliminary correspondence before signing a contract;
• Signing a mediation contract;
• Identification in the course of preparing documents for the signing of a contract;
• Identification in the course of preparing documents for the purpose of signing a rental- or purchase/sale contract;
• Marketing and/or advertising information;
• Preparing personalized advertisements, remarketing and measurement of results
The following organizations may receive your personal data (provided it is necessary):
• The banking institution working with us on your transaction;
• The lawyer we work with regarding your transaction;
• The notary public we work with regarding your transaction;
• The translator we work with regarding your transaction;
• The currency broker we work with regarding your transaction;
• Our accounting company;
How long we retain your data
• All documents, related to the preparation of signing a real estate transaction – 5 years
• All documents, related to the notarization of the transaction before a notary – 10 years
• All documents, data and information collected as required by the Law for Measures Against Money Laundering – 5 years
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive details of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To certify your identity you will need to: indicate your full name and email address, as well as to confirm your email address by pressing the link that will be sent to the contact email you provided us with.
How we protect your data
Your data is held at our offices in Bansko Bulgaria and is on a password protected computer with separate backup hard disk each evening.